Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Making the Old New Again!





My sister was in need of a dresser, and there was one in my grandma's storage room that was in pretty good condition. It has just sat there for at least 15 years. So I nominated it to go to her. I wanted it to match her comforter, so I bought some spray paint and some embellishments. It was plain cream. I always forget to do before and after pics, so I almost rememered this time. I got pics after I had sprayed the drawers but before I had totally painted the main body of the dresser. I had so much fun with this project. I love a project and a challenge. She has a few more storage dressers that we are going to do as well. This time I really will get the before and afters. The lighting in my garage really stinks so try to look past that. Here it is!

5 comments:

  1. Chantel, that is amazing!! Seriously, so beautiful! You have always had a great sense of style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Chan! You are amazing and so talented in the creative, crafting department. It turned out way cooler than I was picturing even. I'm glad you're my sister, love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You did such a great job, what a talent you have! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through Mechelle's blog and I love it! I wish I had known you had a blog sooner! I just love your sister (I've gotten to know her through her blog and commenting back and forth) I'm excited to get to know you better, I'm just loving you posts already!

    Thank goodness for blogs w/o them I would never see family!

    PS I swear I sent you a comment before this, but my screen blipped and I don't know if it sent or not...oops!

    ReplyDelete