Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter & Conference

I have been waiting for my husband to help me get his pics off of his phone, so I could include them in a couple blogs, so I have been putting off blogging, but I can wait no more. So I decided to write about easter and conference weekend. What a wonderful thing for us to be blessed with Easter falling on General Conference. When I was in school, and having to write reports on conference talks, I never realized how lucky we are to be able to have a modern Prophet with Apostles who talk to us. I love being able to wear my P.J's to listen to some of the neatest council we will ever be given. It does always make me so sad when I hear that last talk of the weekend. I love conference and am always so grateful for the talks and the spirit that comes with it.





For Easter we went to my parent's house on Saturday morning for an Easter egg hunt, for both kids and adults(they were seperate hunts.)

For the adult hunt there was only oneegg per person. So my theory was that if I got down there first I may be able to find the best one, boy was I wrong. Mechelle and I were the first down there, and the last two to find our eggs with the help of our brother in law. Thanks Alan!! Then we dyed Easter eggs and went to lunch at Tasty's. It was so fun to be together as a family. Then on Easter we just hung out at our house.



Here is a picture of our kids the next Sunday in their Easter clothes. I do have to add that I made Enza's shawl. I was so excited that it turned out so cute, because I haven't crocheted anything besides a couple of flowers that my sister Tanelle was kind enough to walk me through, and a couple pairs of fingerless gloves my friend Rachel was nice enough to come and teach me how to make. So needless to say this was a much bigger project than the other things. I was glad to have it finished. Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Enza is getting so big. Sooo adorable sitting there with her brothers. Love the shawl. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are so cute!! and you and Mech are so funny for going down the stairs first! hahaha, i love you Aunt Chantel! We do need to get together and have lunch. :] Can't wait to see you soon hopefully! and I also have the Last Song, so you can borrow it!!

    ReplyDelete