Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Weekend in Star Valley

Last post of the day. I can't believe I have had peace and quiet for this long in one day. On Christmas day we went up to Star Valley to visit with Ethan's parents and his Brother Nathaniel and his wife Julie and their two kids who were also up there. It was so fun being with his family. They live in one of the prettiest places I have ever seen. It is so peaceful and quiet up there. So we got there and Renae and Melvin needed to open their gifts from us. We had gone in on a gift for Renae so they waited for us to get there for her to open it. We got her a digital camera (Julie's idea) you are all welcome Clingers out there. Now maybe there might be some decent pictures of people because she can see what they look like before she prints them. (we love you Renae, just not always your photography.) That was fun having her play with it all weekend.
We went sledding on the hill across from their house with the kiddos. Melvin and Renae kept an eye on Enza so we could both go out with the boys. That is the first time that we have both been able to go out and do something up there with the kids. (I am usually pregnant, or have a new little baby and there are too many kids around to just leave.) It was so fun.
Later that day we went for a drive to go to the Elk observatories, but there wasn't enough snow so they were all too far away to see. It was such a nice drive though, and it gave our kids a chance to get a nap. Yeah! We took a bunch of pics of the canyon on the way up the canyon towards Jackson Hole. It was overall relaxing and nice to spend time with Ethan's family, because it doesn't happen often enough.

Enza's first set of pigtails! Thanks to Julie who did them for me, because I have been too nervous to do them myself. I didn't want to hurt her. They were so adorable. And yes, I did try them when I got home and yes I did hurt her by pulling her hair. So I had reason to fear.

Ethan and I on the side of the road above the Snake River. It was pretty and as usual our pictures didn't do it justice.

Ethan and I in front of his parent's house.

Our little family out sledding. (which if I may interject Cruze hated the whole time)

Renae snuggling Enza after she fell asleep while we were sledding.

Gauge on his sled lovin it, he is so laid back and fun. He goes along with whatever.

Cruze lovin it too, while we were on the flat part. He is so funny!

Cruze, Spencer, Jaicee, and Gauge on Grandma's lounger in the TV room.

Last but not least Melvin holding Enza so we could eat some warm dinner. Thanks Melvin!

2 comments:

  1. Chantel! Your pictures are beautiful! Looks like you guys had some fun! hahaha. and I love the bean bags you made them. down there..anywho-I am gettin a hang of this! Love you! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics of you and Ethan and the rest of the gang of course! Enza-love the piggy-tails! Every girl needs a pair of those once in a while. love ya

    ReplyDelete