Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year!

Well I think it is time to put my resolutions on my blog. Maybe that will remind me better than in my journal. So here it goes.

First I want to make sure that I enjoy my little minutes with my kids. All I ever wanted to be growing up was a mom, and now that I am I find myself wishing some of my days away. SO I am going to write in my journal each night something that happened that day that was positive with each member of my family. I know one thing doesn't sound like that much, but I really want to be making an effort to interact kindly and positively with my family.

Second I want to be able to train to do a triathalon in a year. That may not sound like a big deal to some of you, but it is to me. Next year we may try to get a team together for the Wasatch Back Relay too. So if you want o be a part of our team, let me know. Ethan got an invite to be on a team this year, but we are going to be out of town that weekend, so he couldn't do it.

Third I want to make sure that I am dead on with all of the little things that make up the big picture when it comes to spirituality. I find that I do good for a while, and then something small knocks me off the track, so I am going to make a real concerted effort to not get knocked off. And if I do, then I will leap back on instead of letting it go for a while.

Those are the main ones, and I think that will be a good start for this year. I have other smaller ones, but I will keep some of those to myself.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should share all your deepest darkest secrets, why not share all your resolutions??? Just kidding-I'm glad you liked the mommy journal idea, I've been loving it for myself so far. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are amazing resolutions!! I am especially impressed by the triathalon, I could NEVER do it! My sis in law is a runner, and loves the Wasatch Back. Actually, you probably know her, she grew up right by you in your ward, Camille Hyer (Johnson) Anyway, good luck, you will do great!! And have so much fun in Cali, those were some crazy times, so many memories!!

    ReplyDelete