Sunday, June 5, 2011

SMU - Single Mom Update

So what is new around here? Well I am looking for a house to buy. When I had looked around, renting a 3 bedroom anything was around $1000-$1400. So I decided that it would be a lot smarter to buy instead. My budget is meager to say the least, but if I can find something in my price range I will only have a mortgage of $600-$700, because the rates are so low. I am really excited and so are the kiddos.
What else is new? I am cleaning people's houses for extra money, not my favorite but I really appreciate the opportunity to earn extra $.
I have some projects that I am working on one being a huge ridiculous dollhouse that I found for $35 for Enza for her birthday. It will not be done in time because there are around 3000 pieces. Clearly in over my head on that one. I have also been making some headbands for a friend's baby. I have another friend who has asked me to help her paint her bedroom furniture. All of these things are great as I am such a project person. It is a major stress relief for me. Thanks guys!

**The best part of all of this is that although I have my really hard-don't-want-to-get-out-of-bed-days. There are days that I still wake up, glue on my smile and tune up my laugh, but there are fewer of those days now then at the beginning. I AM GOOD!!! I feel better and better about life all the time and have really found my strength. I am absolutely amazed at my courage, strength, and optimism. Apparently I am lacking my humility but hopefully I will get it back soon. I never thought I could handle anything like this. When my sister was going through her divorce I secretly thought I was glad it was her and not me, because I wasn't as strong as her. I guess when you are faced with crappy, then you figure out you can sink or swim and I choose to SWIM. How amazing to have so many people come out of the woodwork that "Have my Back". It has been such a blessing and help for me. Heavenly Father has shown me in so many ways that he thinks I am worth it. And after a lot of prayer I feel that I am too.
So here is a Toast to New Beginnings! Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! What a happy upbeat post! You have been such an example of strength through all your trials. Amazing! Good job you AWESOME WOMAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow chantel you are a champ. all of your projects make me tired! and i am glad you are doing so well... I've learned over the years that we can do hard things. really hard things we don't want to do most of the time. but you are awesome. and you can do hard things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! You are incredible to say the least! So happy to hear that you are, overall, doing so well! Way to go you! You are woman...ROAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete