Monday, October 25, 2010

Hats Hats Everywhere!




So a few weeks ago we threw a hat party for my mom. We wanted to kick off her chemo with a positive twist. So we had an open house with good food, and fun hats! We told everyone to bring a hat or scarf of some kind so that when my mom loses her hair from chemo she will have choices. There were some really great hats and she will be able to use them sooner than we hoped. They told her that within 2 weeks of her first chemo treatment she would start to lose her hair. We were trying to give her friends and our family a chance to show how much we love her, and to show our support for her at this hard time in her life. It was so nice to get together and everyone including my mom seemed to enjoy themselves.
Since then my mom has had her first chemo treatment, and the first day things seemed to be going okay. Then the second, third, and fourth day hit and I have never seen someone in so much pain. She said that it felt like someone stabbing knives in all of her joints, and then were twisting them back and forth. She moaned and groaned and clearly was in excruciating pain. How hard it is to have to sit by and watch not being able to do anything to ease the pain. I have always known that my mom was strong, but I had no idea the amount of strength that she posseses. I love you mom and you will be in our prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Your amazing Momma! She is in my thoughts! What a wonderful party, tell her to just shave it bald now. Make a fresh clean start, no bemoaning each lost hair.

    ReplyDelete