Monday, October 18, 2010

Hair or No Hair? That is the Question.

Ever since Enza was 9 months old she has pulled her hair out. Strange? Yes, but it gets worse after she pulls it out she eats it. I think part of that is because she is young enough not to know that it is really sick, and that everything goes into her mouth. IT has been sporatic until the last couple weeks and then it has gotten alot worse. I finally called her pediatrician and he was concerned. So we had to buzz Enza's beautiful long, thick and curly hair. She had a bald spot that made her look like Friar Tuck before we even cut it from all of the hair that she pulled out. IT was so sad to see her hair getting cut off. I cried. I know that it is just hair and that it will grow back, but it was hard that my little girl no longer looks like a girl. Her hair is shorter than our boys hair. We did go get her ears pierced and it helps, but only a little. We had to get a blood test to see what the levels of iron, and lead were. There was one other test, I'm sure what it was. IF all goes well which we are hoping it does then she will be fine but we may end up having to do a scope or scan to see how much hair is in there and if there is a good amount then they will have to go in and surgically remove it. The body won't digest it and it can be really dangerous, and can get tangeled up in her intestines.
I know that in the grand scheme of things this is small but right now with everything else that is going on it feels big and scary.





Here she is with no hair, but adorable flower earings. It is starting to grow on me. I find if I put a head band and big flower she looks like she just hasn't grown and hair yet.

3 comments:

  1. I know that this is so hard for you right now! I'm so sorry! She is still so cute and the earrings are a great idea! Hang in there, let me know if I can help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHE'S STILL CUTE EITHER WAY! I'M SORRY YOU'RE HAVING TO DEAL WITH THIS-THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING HUH? WE LOVE HER WITH OUR WITHOUT HAIR AND I AGREE WITH MECH THE EARRINGS ARE CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the best thing about hair, is that it grows! She is adorable either way!

    ReplyDelete