Tuesday, October 13, 2009

CANNING GRAPES ANYONE!


I thought that the grapes were so beautiful when they were cooking. I just had to take a picture of it. And to be honest with you, it seemed that I took one of almost every batch, and they usually looked pretty much the same as the last one. So here is one of them.

This was the finished product! We ended up with about 74 after some had broke and I gave away a coule of them. Needless to say I think we will be drinking grape juice for quite some time. Yeah for food storage!

Isn't that color great! They really should make a crayon named after this color. It could be called cookedandbottledgrapejuice. It is just lovely. Once again, I couldn't get over how pretty it is.
My sister Danielle and I picked grapes from Lori Morgan's house and ended up with 5 laundry baskets total counting the grapes I had already picked. By Friday I decided that Mech might want to bottle grape juice, since she is the one who started that and it is her juicer. Thank heavens that she did. By Saturday I was graped out. For about a week my house has been covered from top to bottom in grapes, grape juice, and smashed grapes and dried grape juice. How wonderful it is to get my house back and not be sticking to my kitchen floor. Thanks Danny & Mech!




1 comment:

  1. WOW-THE LOVE OF A SISTER! I'M GOING TO ENJOY THAT GRAPE JUICE, EVERY LITTLE BIT OF IT. THANKS, CHAN. LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete