Sunday, October 25, 2009

WICKED!


Wicked, need I say more? Gregory Maguire and the musical adaptation Wicked by Stephen Schwartz and Winnie Holzman really are amazing and creative. I have always enjoyed musicals to some extent, but this play was absolutely amazing. I saw it will some of my family members last spring while it was here, and I immediately wanted to see it again, this time with Ethan. I thought I would give this a tribute, because this time of year is about witches, but also because I borrowed my mom's CD of it and fell in love all over again. I especially love the songs, "Popular", "Defying Gravity", and "For Good" If you haven't been to see it, please when you get the chance GO SEE IT. You will love it, and will be shocked at how clever Gregory Maguire is. The story that he created is so magical, and will make you love Elphaba, the bad witch. And really for most of the show not love Glinda very much. I really can't wait until they do a movie of it, and hopefully they will do it justice. We are going to see The Lion King when it comes next year, so at that time there will be an update.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you one hundred percent! It is one of my favorite shows. I have an idea. . .you should take Ethan on a little vacation, say to San Francisco. :) It is playing out here until January. Just a little idea.

    ReplyDelete