Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl, Poop and My Birthday!

You may be asking yourself what all of these things have in common, and trust me I know they sound like a crazy combo. Well let me tell you! First of all today is Super Bowl Sunday, so that is for starters. Second my birthday is tomorrow. For the last month or so Cruze has been asking me what I want for my birthday, because I had been asking him the same thing. His birthday is two days before mine. So I have been telling him that all I want is for him to go poop on the potty. He has been potty trained for about 4 months now. Except with the poop factor. He will wait until I put a diaper on him for bed. It has been so frusterating to try to fight him for so long. So tonight we were at my parents house and he needed to go but when I sat him on the potty he just bawled. I have continuously thought if he would just go, I think then he would see it is no big deal. So he cried some more tonight and then he came to me and said., "Mom, uh mom, " he was hunched over and I could tell he needed to poop. So I carried him into the bathroom and put him on the toilet again. He sat there and immediately pooped and he yelled so loud when he did. He was so excited. He told me to wait to he could show dad, and then he said, "Mom I feel so much better and now my bum is happy." I was elated. I know it sounds silly to be elated about poop, but I truly was. For so many reasons, but I was so happy to see that proud look on Cruze's face, knowing that he did what he didn't think he could do. So he told me that he pooped on the potty for my birthday, and I can't think of a better present he could have given me. Ethan would like to add that, Cruze has single-handedly taken the Browns to the Superbowl. Yeah!

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME CRUZE!!! AWESOME FOR YOUR MOMMY TOO! HAPPY POOPDAY TO YOU, HAPPY POOPDAY TO YOU! HOPEFULLY IT CONTINUES HUH?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!! This is great! What to be patient with him. Happy Birthday by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how motherhood brings us happiness in the most unusual ways! Happy Birthday (yesterday). I have a gift for you and I wanted to take it to you last night, but I didn't know if you'd be out for dinner and I didn't want to drop by at 9:30pm and bug you. I'll come by today. Hope you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious about Cruze! I love that kid! Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete